It's a new year. ..new start...new pages…new thoughts. It all begins again as if it never ended. What are my goals, resolutions, ideas and tasks? What do I hope to accomplish in the next 365 days?
Every December we start thinking and planning for the year to come. Well that is exactly what I did. I thought and thought about what projects do I want to make and why do I want to make it. Here are the results of much thought and contemplation….I have no idea.
Where do you turn when you have yarn bulging out of every bin and patterns in the thousands? I turned to my Random Number Generator, that's where. I am a process knitter. I love to knit just because. I do not knit for a reason like to increase the handmade socks in my sock drawer, or I must have another hat to match the new coat. I knit just to knit. I plug into the RNG the number of patterns in my Ravelry queue and hit generate. Here is where the searches start. It took me several hours to come up with eight patterns that go with yarn already in stash that I feel I can accomplish in one year. Overall I was quite pleased with the assortment as well. Here is what it came up with (not necessarily this order)
- River Walk Shawl by Romi Hill
- Abernathy Hat by Terri Kruse
- Ali Cowl by Amanda Lilley
- Linda K's Yummy Mummy Wristwarmers by Alexandra Brinck
- Foliage by Emilee Mooney
- Gamma Ray by Meghan Jackson
- Plowshare Socks by Elizabeth Doherty
- I Love Stockinette Baby Bib by Laura Treadway
In 2013 I knit a total of 18 projects so I figured if I start knowing eight that I plan on knitting over the year then it will still leave me with plenty of time to knit the other things that pop up like my kids loving new hats and my husband requesting a scarf, knit-a-longs that interest me, or finishing up one of the two sweaters already barely started but started non the less.
My plan is to make sure one of these projects is on my TO DO list each month. I will also not plan more than two to three projects to be completed each month. I can always add more or pick up a WIP while waiting for a new month if I finish my goals early. My second plan is to have one EPIC project. One that will take all year to complete. I chose River Walk Shawl. I purchased the pattern and downloaded it and read through it. A definite challenge to my knitting skills, totally excited about this. I broke the pattern into 12 monthly steps This one will be on the TO DO list all year.
It is now January 1, 2014 and I started the year off with a stellar start.
There were three projects on my list for January.
- River Walk Shawl by Romi Hill - Complete Charts A & B
- Cast on and Chart A is completed and I have the first 2 Rows of the first repeat of Chart B finished.
- Peace Rose Garden Socks - For Sock Knitters Anonymous group - Knit a pair of lace sock
- Cast on, cuff and 3 pattern repeats completed on the leg
- 198 Yards of Heaven - For We Are Yarn One Skein Worsted Wonder KAL **To be started soon**
My plan is to check in with myself every two weeks or so. One will be a progress post and the other a wrap up and what is new this month post. I hope you enjoy the 2014 adventure with me.